Our Promise to You During COVID-19/Coronavirus
Here at The Stano Law Firm, our practice is dedicated to serving the most vulnerable in our community. This includes seniors, veterans and their families. Because your health and safety are so important to us, we’ve put several precautionary measures in place to keep everyone safe.
Here are the precautionary steps we’ve put in place to continue to operate safely and effectively during this time:
AT OUR OFFICE
For now, we are still open and seeing clients. So, if you need an appointment or consultation, please call us at 440-888-6448 to schedule a private appointment. If anything changes, we will let you know.
In the meantime:
- Team training on current recommendations for preventative health and safety has been completed with all team members to ensure they are well-versed and adherent to best practices.
- Our team is small, and the offices are big — and that means that we rarely have more than 8 people in the office at any time.
- The cleaning crew is frequently sanitizing high volume areas such as door knobs, conference room tables, and communal spaces after every client meeting.
- Team members who are not well, are required to stay home.
- We are keeping our distance to show you we care. We will greet you with a wave but sadly, will no longer offer handshakes and hugs during this time.
- Our office is poised to adapt quickly to any guidance or requests from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local health departments.
SEMINARS AND VIRTUAL OPTIONS
For many, our educational webinars are the first step to creating their estate plan.
Our live seminar workshops are on hold through April 30. Although, we are still available to talk with you, answer any questions and help you either by phone or virtual conferencing.
If you’re concerned about your exposure to the virus and prefer to meet virtually, you may opt to have your consultation or review meeting via video call.
The Stano Law Firm remains committed to your health, happiness and legacy.
Given the current circumstances associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19), I’m sure you have many questions. We’ve pulled our most frequently asked questions together here. If you have more questions, please contact our office at 440-888-6448
Are your offices open?
Yes! Our offices are open and we are happy to take your phone calls. Call our office at 440-888-6448
I have an appointment scheduled, do I need to reschedule?
That’s up to you. We can do an initial consultation over the phone, if that works for you. If you have an appointment to do a signing, feel free to come in. We have a team of four or five people in the office and we’ve been keeping things clean and sanitized.
The best thing to do is call in and speak to a team member. Call our offices at 440-888-6448
I made a reservation for a seminar – what do I do now?
As of right now, our seminars are cancelled through April 30. Please call our office at 440-888-6448 and talk to anyone on our team to either reschedule or have a private phone consultation.
Will your seminars be offered online?
We are considering this option, but haven’t made any plans to do so at this time.
When will the workshops resume?
We are closely monitoring any guidelines set by Governor DeWine and will make scheduling changes based on safety recommendations. As of right now, we are cancelling seminars through April 30.